Queensland Police Service recruitment opportunities
A career with the Queensland Police Service (QPS) promises to be exciting, challenging and ultimately rewarding. You will join our members around the state who all work together to keep our community safe. We don’t seek credit for this work. It is our job.
From general duties officers to detectives, forensics to Water Police and Dog Squad. Your career with the QPS will be diverse, with endless possibilities depending on your skills, background and areas of interest.
Our values underpin our mission as a service and are at the core of who we are and what we do each day. It is essential that our recruits demonstrate these through their varied backgrounds, skills and experiences.
Our recruiting intakes operate on a rolling basis with ongoing recruitment subject to demand for policing and operational requirements.
Steps in the recruitment process:
- successful completion of Queensland Police Service entrance assessments (QPSea)
- invitation to submit online application
- physical assessment – QPS Recruit Entry Fitness Assessment
- psychological assessment – written and face-to-face
- panel Interview
- medical Testing
- integrity, background and Referee Checks