23 September 2021 10.00am AEST
ACER continues to monitor the situation ahead of QPSea testing in venues across Queensland. ACER will notify candidates via email if there are any changes to the scheduled testing due to any outbreaks or changes to public health orders in place at any given time. Please continue to monitor your emails for updates. Note that due to the evolving situation in NSW, the Gold Coast testing centre will not operate for the August or September QPSea.
Candidates wishing to complete their QPSea via Remote Proctoring at the next available window (25-27 November) can now book. Note that there is an additional $77 remote proctoring service fee that applies. Please visit https://qps.acer.org/about/remote-proctoring for further information.
For interstate candidates travelling to Queensland, please monitor and comply with all state travel and public health advice.
Candidates are required to bring and wear a face mask indoors at the testing centre at all times. Please review the Queensland State Government mandate on the wearing of face masks.
Please note that the QPS Entrance Assessment will be conducted using COVID safe practices and will be run in accordance with current Queensland restrictions.
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is continuing to monitor the changing COVID-19 situation and following the guidance of government health authorities on appropriate steps. The safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and all those who have contact with us is our priority. ACER will continue to act on official government health guidelines as the situation evolves.
Admission to testing venues:
Our approach is to manage the situation based on official guidance. Key points are outlined below.
- Anyone who has been overseas recently, or is a member of a household with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or has flu symptoms should not attend an ACER test centre in person until they have self-quarantined for 14 days.
- If you are unable to attend an ACER test centre in person because you are within this self-quarantine isolation period, please contact ACER by email at the earliest opportunity and follow government health advice. Please use the email address listed on the relevant test website to ensure your message reaches the right team. For QPS, this is email@example.com
- If you are involved in an ACER assessment, test or examination please follow the advice given on the relevant page on the ACER website, which will be regularly updated.
- If changes to scheduled assessments, tests or examinations occur, those affected will be advised directly.
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly, and limit physical contact with others.
- Practice social distancing as per advice from Queensland Health.
Conditions of entry at all testing venues:
- You must agree to have your temperature checked at registration where this procedure is in place.
- You must bring your own face mask and wear it in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained or guaranteed, such as in the queue to register your attendance on the day, for example.
- You must agree to adhere to all requirements of the testing centre in relation to social distancing, signing a declaration before entry and providing contact details if asked to do so at the venue.
You will NOT be admitted to a test centre if:
- You have recorded a temperature of 37.6°C or above
- You have tested COVID-19 positive in the 14 days prior to test day
- You are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
- You live with or have had close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- You are currently in official quarantine with COVID-19
- You are suffering from cold or flu symptoms including a continuous cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, aches and pains, a runny or blocked nose, diarrhoea, or sneezing.
- Candidates may be required to provide contact details and sign a declaration confirming that they understand and agree to the entry requirements as outlined above.
- ACER test supervisors are not qualified to assess symptoms of a medical nature and, as such, any person displaying cold or flu symptoms will be asked to leave the premises immediately. There will be no exceptions made under any circumstances.
- If, prior to your test date, you meet any of the non-entry criteria listed, please contact the ACER QPS Entrance Exam Office immediately. Options may include deferring your exam session to a future date upon submission of medical certificate to the ACER QPS Entrance Exam Office via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last reviewed: 23 September 2021