8 January 2021:
We are currently monitoring the evolving situation regarding border closures, ahead of our January test window. For those candidates travelling from outside of Queensland, please monitor and comply with all state travel advice.
- You may change or delay your booked assessment date using the online portal up until 8 days before your assessment, without charge. Should you be unable to travel to the assessment centre, please update your booking to a future date using this system.
- ACER will be providing a ‘remote proctored’ opportunity for regional and remote candidates. This opportunity will incur an additional $77 fee, due to the nature of this testing, and the assessment dates will be considered based on the impact of the COVID situation and border closures. We will notify you when this option is available for booking.
- If your address is listed in the ACER QPSea registration portal within a particular state (ie. NSW, Vic…), we will contact you to provide extra information as the situation unfolds, closer to the assessment date.
ACER is committed to providing you with fair access to your QPS Entrance Assessment in a timely manner. Please bear with us while we work to find you a suitable alternative.
Please note that the QPS Entrance Assessment will be conducted using COVID safe practices and will be run in accordance with current Queensland restrictions.
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is continuing to monitor the changing COVID-19 situation and following the guidance of government health authorities on appropriate steps. The safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and all those who have contact with us is our priority. ACER will continue to act on official government health guidelines as the situation evolves.
Admission to testing venues:
Our approach is to manage the situation based on official guidance. Key points are outlined below.
- Anyone who has been overseas recently, or is a member of a household with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or has flu symptoms should not attend an ACER test centre in person until they have self-quarantined for 14 days.
- If you are unable to attend an ACER test centre in person because you are within this self-quarantine isolation period, please contact ACER by email at the earliest opportunity and follow government health advice. Please use the email address listed on the relevant test website to ensure your message reaches the right team. For QPS, this is firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are involved in an ACER assessment, test or examination please follow the advice given on the relevant page on the ACER website, which will be regularly updated.
- If changes to scheduled assessments, tests or examinations occur, those affected will be advised directly.
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands regularly, and limit physical contact with others.
- Practice social distancing as per advice from Queensland Health.
Conditions of entry at all testing venues:
- You must agree to have your temperature checked at registration.
- You must agree to adhere to all requirements of the testing centre in relation to social distancing, signing a declaration before entry and providing contact details if asked to do so at the venue.
You will NOT be admitted to a test centre if:
- You have recorded a temperature of 37.6°C or above
- You have tested COVID-19 positive in the 14 days prior to test day
- You are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
- You live with or have had close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- You are currently in official quarantine with COVID-19
- You are suffering from cold or flu symptoms including a continuous cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, aches and pains, a runny or blocked nose, diarrhoea, or sneezing.
- All candidates are required to provide contact details and sign a declaration confirming that they understand and agree to the entry requirements outlined above.
- ACER test supervisors are not qualified to assess symptoms of a medical nature and, as such, any person displaying cold or flu symptoms will be asked to leave the premises immediately. There will be no exceptions made under any circumstances.
- If, prior to your test date, you meet any of the non-entry criteria listed, please contact the ACER QPS Entrance Exam Office immediately. Options may include deferring your exam session to a future date upon submission of medical certificate to the ACER QPS Entrance Exam Office via email on email@example.com.
Last reviewed: 8 January 2021